yishai

Auto Update CheckFrequency ?

Hi

I have an old version of my software. It was done using the updater v. 1.9.7.0. I am trying to test if it will auto update every 14 days (which is the time I gave it to). I am trying to set the machine time are on backwards or play with the CheckFrequency value in the updater.ini, but it will not auto check. (the manual check works). How can I test it to triger an auto update? Any reason it will notwork?

Thanks

-Yishai
mihai.petcu

Re: Auto Update CheckFrequency ?

Hi,
I am trying to set the machine time are on backwards or play with the CheckFrequency value in the updater.ini, but it will not auto check.
You should not modify the .INI manually. Please configure this from the Updater Page.
How can I test it to triger an auto update?
You can play with the system clock to achieve this. However you would have to have a new update in order to verify this.
I have discussed this with the development team and we will include an improvement in a future version that will allow the user to set the frequency interval to less than a day.

Best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
yishai

Thanks. This is what I do. I install the old version, set my clock back 15 days and run the application and expect it to kick the auto updated. It does not.

Does w3hat i do sound right? Will the machine only test once a day, so next time I want to try it I'll need to set the time another 15 days back? How can I trouble shoot it? (Also, this is relatively an old version. Was there any known issue around it with this version?)

Thanks

-Yishai
mihai.petcu

Hi Yishai,
Thanks. This is what I do. I install the old version, set my clock back 15 days and run the application and expect it to kick the auto updated. It does not.
You should try to set the clock forward, not back.

Best,
Mihai
yishai

Hi Mihai

My mistake in the description. I did moved the clock forward, not backward, and it does not trigger the update, so how can I troubleshoot it?

Thanks

-Yishai
mihai.petcu

Hi Yishai,

Can you please specify the command line option you are using for the auto-updater application?

Best,
Mihai
yishai

Hi Mihai

My bad. This is the installer that was done 3+ years ago, and I made the wrong assumption that the auto updater will be the one responsible for the checking the time passed and triggering the update and that i don't have to call it myself. I guess that in the new installer we figured that and integrated the updater calls correctly. Sorry for wasting your time.

-Yishai
Catalin

Hello,

This improvement was added in Advanced Installer 16.1, release on July 2nd, 2019.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”