JDMils

Serial validation dialog requires two Next clicks to continu

I have a dialog where I enter the trial key before a user can continue. I've found that after entering the serial, I have to click the Next key twice before the dialog progresses to the next dialog. I cannot figure out what the issue is. Here are a few details of the dialog:

Published Event tab:

Name: NewDialog
Argument: FolderDlg
Condition: SERIAL_VALIDATION="TRUE"

Name: [SERIAL_VALIDATION]
Argument: FALSE
Condition: 1

Name: ValidateProductID
Argument:
Condition: 1

I can't even delete the dialog and try again as the option is greyed out. Anyone seen this before?
mihai.petcu

Re: Serial validation dialog requires two Next clicks to continu

Hello,

This behavior is caused by a known bug in Advanced Installer which has been fixed starting with version 8.1. To overcome it you can upgrade to our latest version.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
gzhao

I am having the same issue in Version 13.1, i.e., need to click Next twice to move on. Please help. Thanks.

<ROW Dialog_="UserRegistrationDlg" Control_="Next" Event="NewDialog" Argument="VerifyReadyDlg" Condition="AI_INSTALL AND SERIAL_VALIDATION="TRUE"" Ordering="4"/>
Catalin

Hello and welcome to our forums,

I have tested your scenario with the version 13.1 of Advanced Installer and everything worked as expected (I was not required to press the "Next" button twice).

In order for me to further investigate this, could you please send me a copy of your .AIP file (project file) by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”