rwatson

Expiration Date / Custom Action DLL / What about uninstall??

I've created a quick DLL in Delphi to validate the expiration (only against the user's clock which they could tweak, but it's a start). In order to do this, I cannot interfere with the UNINSTALL AFTER the expiration date.

Right now, I've added the custom action to the event "Begin". This pretty much prevents the installer from knowing anything other then the defined properties (which I'm using to make keeping track of the expiration date simpler). At this point, is there a good way to determine if the program is already installed and therefore NOT interfere with the installer?

At what point should I include this custom action? Is there a better place then at "Begin"?

Thanks.

AI Enterprise installation (v4.5), in case that matters.
gigi

Hi,
At this point, is there a good way to determine if the program is already installed and therefore NOT interfere with the installer?
What exactly you mean with this (NOT interfere with the installer), could you please give me more details.

Waiting for your reply.

Best Regards,
Gigi
rwatson

Probably just the way that I wrote it.

Placing the DLL in the begin code made it stop the uninstall as well. Since the DLL checks the date and the properties in the installation, then just displays a dialog (you have expired) on exit.

What's a good way of handling this? Is there an execute condition I should add that would be valid that early?
gigi

Hi,

To execute a custom action only at install time (not at uininstall) use following condition: (NOT Installed).

Regards,
Gigi
rwatson

You know, this is yet another reason I purchased the Enterprise version of Advanced Installer over competing products (Wise/InstallShield). I love this forum approach and the responses received.

Thank you again.

Return to “Common Problems”