brian

Update Options Frequency Date

Hello. In the current build (4.6.4) the updater options don't seem to be working with regards to frequency. I've set our installer up to check every 28 days. When launching the update options /configure, it correclty shows the frequency to be 28 days. However, the Next Notification date/time always shows the current date and time. I would have expected this to show either the install +28 days or 28 days from the time it last checked. I also tried checking for an update and there's no change.

Brian
gigi

Hi,

Next updates check will be made at that date or after depending on when the updater is launched. For example if the Next Notification date/time is Feb 06 2007 until then no check for updates will be made (no mater with what command line you run the updater) even if you change the Check Frequency field.

Also note that the Next Notification date/time is not updated if you launch the updater with "/checknow" command line.

Best Regards,
Gigi
brian

I figured out what I'm doing wrong. I'm not calling the update check from our application at startup. Doh! Sorry, false alarm...

Return to “Common Problems”