bjk68

Visual Studio Integration

Hi,

Thanks for the integration of AI in Visual Studio 2010. I presume the integration will be pushed to a higher level in the next releases of AI.

Bug report -1-
The AI viewer/editor page in Visual Studio does not alert you to change the ProductCode when changing the version. :shock: This could lead to serious issues. In my opinion it would have been better that you implemented just a viewer with read-only functionality. Allowing edits in this limited viewer/editor is not a good idea and could lead to confusion and errors.

Bug report -2-
When I try to open an AI project file (.aip) in Visual Studio that is read-only (not yet checked out) from the Solution Explorer, I get an error popup, saying "The operation could not be completed. The parameter is incorrect". When I check out this file first (make it read-write), than it opens correctly and the AI viewer/editor is shown.

Regards,

Bart
mihai.petcu

Re: Visual Studio Integration

Hi Bart,

Thank you for both your observations.
Bug report -1-
I have forwarded this suggestion to our development team and they promised to implement it in a future version of Advanced Installer.
Bug report -2-
This bug was also added on our TODO list with a high priority and it will be available in a future version as well.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mihai.petcu

Re: Visual Studio Integration

Hi Bart,

Our development team has included the fix for bug 2 in the 8.8 which should be out early next year if not sooner.

The "bug 1" related editor improvements are still on our TODO list and will be considered for a future version of Advanced Installer.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”