AnneTheAgile

AIP 8.9 problem searching?

hi, in AIP 8.9 I cannot search for text words in my AIP, whereas when I open a (only slightly modified) version of the AIP file in 8.7 the search finds several hits.
Is this a known problem and/or how can I get help for this?
The search is an invaluable feature! It's helped me alot to find where obscure things were missing, etc.
thank you!
Bogdan

Re: AIP 8.9 problem searching?

Hi,

We have identified and fixed some problems with the search in the current version. To be sure the fixes include your problem too can you please send us the aip file to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can analyze it? With an example of a search that does not work for you.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
AnneTheAgile

AIP 9.4 still not full searching

hi! fyi, it seemed that after the fixes, search was not fully restored. Even on 9.4, for example, if I have in my files an XML that gets edited, when I search for the name of the edited XML element, it will not find that hit. Rather, it will just show me the Table Editor Entry for AI_XmlElement.
Cosmin

Hi,

Can you please send us the .AIP (project) file you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it? Also, please include in your email the keywords you are using for the search.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
AnneTheAgile

AIP 9.5 problem searching?

While making the XML edit sample with AIP 9.5 I found several cases of the search which I think you should be able to reproduce without a sample? Let me know if needed of course. Thank you again for your persistence and help.
1a./deploy / media / ; a build, eg we had a wrapper exe BundledBuild which was there and it referenced folders in folders which were the variables for the destinations and manipulation. (appdirp, sadir)
1b.table-editor / icon / value which is set in /product /details / add-remove/ control-panel-icon.
1c. / windows volume / temporary the path might not come up in search.
1d.Dialog which was not being used had a path reference.
Daniel

Hello,

I'm afraid I don't fully understand your scenario. Can you send us a more detailed test case scenario? Also, can you please attach a sample reproducing the behavior?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”