hodka

Embedded Jar missing in multilingual package

I am currently using the trial version 9.0.1 in order to evaluate whether advanced installer meets my needs.

I came across the following issue that is a bug in my point of view. Or is there a solution to the problem?

Description:
I have a java product and use the "embedded jars" feature. Then I set the Main class. When I have only one language set, the installer runs fine and the native java launcher opens my main class. When I add another language to the installer package and select "create only a multilingual package" in the translations tab I get the problem that after installing my product, all files are there. However, the exe (native java launcher) is smaller than after installing with a single language package and my program does not start anymore because it does not find my main class. I think that the jar is not embedded to the native launcher when creating a multilingual package.

Is there a solution to the problem or will it be fixed soon? I need the embedded jar feature as well as a multilingual package.
Daniel

Re: Embedded Jar missing in multilingual package

Hi,

I can reproduce and confirm this issue. A fix will be available as soon as possible, thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
hodka

Good to hear that you can reproduce the issue.

Do you have any information as to when it will be fixed (approximately)? Does it make sense to wait for the fix or should I look for an alternative installer?
Daniel

Hi,

The release, including this fix, is scheduled for coming weeks. I'm afraid we cannot offer you an exact date. You could contact us at support at advancedinstaller dot com and we will send you a release candidate.

Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Bogdan

This bug was fixed in version 9.2 of Advanced Installer, released on May 23, 2012.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”