hodka

Property.Manufacturer problem with multilingual package

I came across another bug with the multilingual package option:

When I create a multilingual package (default language: english (USA), additional language: german) and run the installer in the primary language (english) the manufacturer is set correctly in the windows Programs Panel (where you can uninstall the package). If, however, I use the additional language to install the product (german), the manufacturer is set to "Property.Manufacturer" instead of the correct value in the windows Programs Panel.

Is this a bug or is there a solution to the problem (besides not using a multilingual package)?
Daniel

Re: Property.Manufacturer problem with multilingual package

Hi,

If you want that your "Manufacturer" property to be translated or not you should proceed as follows:
-go to "Product Details" page and from "Product Details" tab select the "Company name" field
-from its context menu choose "Localization..." option
-now if you don't want that your "Manufacturer" property to be translated then enable "Never translate this string" option
-if you want that your "Manufacturer" property to be translated then enable "Always translate this string -> Using default localization identifier" option
-after that you must "Create a Translation dictionary" which will set a proper value to the "Manufacturer" property

Let us know if this helps, otherwise please give us more details about your scenario.

Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
hodka

Re: Property.Manufacturer problem with multilingual package

Great! Thanks for the help. That solved my issue!

Return to “Common Problems”