jjones

.AIP file fails to open in fresh install of v9.2

I have an .aip file I've been working on for awhile now. It is stored on an external drive. I recently received a new computer (YAY!) at work and just installed Advanced Installer onto the new machine. When I hooked up the external drive to the new PC and tried to open the .aip file I got this error:

File not found: "C:\ProgramData\Caphyon\Advanced Installer\Repository\Dialogs\<name of dialog>\<name of dialog>.aip"

If I hook the external drive back up to my old machine, it opens fine and I can edit the install. What am I missing? Why won't the .aip open on my new machine. FYI - My old machine is 32-bit, Win XP and my new machine is 64-bit, Win7.
jjones

Re: .AIP file fails to open in fresh install of v9.2

Also, I could not find a directory, on both the old and new machines, that matched the one in the error.
Daniel

Hello,

This is happening because your project uses some dialogs which have been exported to the Dialog Repository.

In order to fix this you should search for <name of dialog>.aip file on your old machine and then copy the folder containing the related file onto this location on your new Windows 7 machine:

Code: Select all

C:\ProgramData\Caphyon\Advanced Installer\Repository\Dialogs
Please keep in mind that "ProgramData" folder is a hidden folder.

Another solution if you don't have the files anymore, is to open a new project in Windows 7, create some dummy dialogs with the same name and then export them to the repository.

If you have any questions let me know.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
wiebe333

I just had this very problem happen, but in v14.5.2. Since I didn't have the old dialog files anymore, I followed your recommendation of creating some dummy ones in a dummy project. Then I exported them to the Dialog Repository. The actual project then opened properly, but I wasn't able to figure out how to then embed the dialog(s) of interest into my project (remove the dependency on the repository so the project can be freely moved to another machine). I looked at the answers in viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8843, but it didn't have a complete answer to this question for v14.5.2.
Daniel

Hello,

After being able to open the project in Advanced Installer you should go to "Dialogs" page and search for the dialogs that are currently referenced from Dialogs Repository. Then you should try to delete them and recreate them from scratch using the "New Dialog" menu option.

If this is still of no help to you then please send us the AIP (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can fully investigate its settings and advise you how to remove the dialogs repository dependencies.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”