AnneTheAgile

Where are Launch Conditions and Prerequisites in sequence?

hi, I am trying to debug a pair of items, a Prerequisite and its matching Launch Condition.

Now that AIP's GUI has changed, ie it used to look like this;
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/forums ... =2&t=11107

Now I'm no longer sure where to look? When I go to /Custom / Table editor / InstallExecuteSequence / LaunchConditions / , that item has only "Not Installed". It does not show my added item.

Also, is it true that AIP operates the same as InstallShield in that a Prerequisite is run by EXE/bootstrapper; Launch Condition is run by MSI/child contained in EXE?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2466 ... -condition
Cosmin

Re: Where are Launch Conditions and Prerequisites in sequenc

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand what you need to do. Can you please give me more details?
Also, is it true that AIP operates the same as InstallShield in that a Prerequisite is run by EXE/bootstrapper; Launch Condition is run by MSI/child contained in EXE?
Not exactly. Advanced Installer supports prerequisites and launch conditions in both the EXE and the MSI.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
AnneTheAgile

>Advanced Installer supports prerequisites and launch conditions in both the EXE and the MSI.
When I click to add a prerequisite, it seemed to automatically convert my project to an EXE. Why does it do that if it is not necessary? I had not questioned it, it seemed to match what the web and my coworker told me. However, we have an unfortunate special case where we would really prefer an MSI. Thus I've been working to try to deploy both the EXE and MSI and make them almost identical except for prerequisites and launch conditions. If i could just use the MSI that might be the best! Would I run into any other obstacles?
mihai.petcu

When I click to add a prerequisite, it seemed to automatically convert my project to an EXE. Why does it do that if it is not necessary?
There are several types of prerequisites. Only Pre-install prerequisites require an .EXE output. Since you are new, a quick glance over Prerequisites Page article and Creating a Professional Package tutorial should sort everything out.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”