jamin6900

How to repackage on remote computer

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:26 pm

We have been using Scalable WinINstall for a while now, one of the features I liked the most was the repackager which we need from time to time. We purchased this product becuase it simply seemed like the best on the markety and it also included a repackager. Well, I have a urgent need to use the repackager with the Installation snapshot, however, I can't see how I am suppose to performa before and after capture of the "Clean" remote computer. I have Advanced installer setup on my primary work computer which is far from clean and also not the OS that I was to capture the installion for repackaging.

How am I supposed to do this? Am I expected to uninstall my $1000 license and install it on every computer I need a clean capture of? Something doesn't seem right here and unforunately the support is not well suited for the US time zones.

With Scalable WinInstall it created a share on my primary computer that I could reach from the remote computer and then run the capture uytility before my install and then after.

Hopefully Advanced installer does not need to be ON the comptuer I am trying to capture the install of, I may have to retuen this software if that is the case.

GabrielBarbu

Re: How to repackage on remote computer

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:51 am

Hi,

You can simply install Advanced Installer in trial mode on your target machine and perform a capture there. The repackager doesn't need a license in order for it to capture. The .rpk file generated on the target contains the capture results. You can then import the .rpk file back into your Advanced Installer on the host machine, where you do have the license.

Let us know how it went.
Gabriel
Gabriel Barbu
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

jamin6900

Re: How to repackage on remote computer

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Thank you for the response, will give this a try.

Return to “Common Problems”