den

Installer fails to write in decoder.dll

Hello,

I'm now using Advanced Installer 9.4 Enterprise for creating standalone packages with enhanced UI and bootstrapper for our company headliner product.
Recently one of our customers encountered error at the very beginning of the installation (see attachment installer_error.png, screenshot is provided by the customer). We are now in the middle of the processing his support request and we know that "\\SERVER03\RedirectedFolders\RobynMiller\AppData" is the path to the redirected AppData folder, so looks like they are using AD and GPO for achieving that. Customer states that he has all permissions for work with that folder.
Now we check UAC-version mentioned here - http://www.advancedinstaller.com/forums ... =2&t=20310, and also some other possible issues with UAC, downloaded and blocked .exe-files, network launch of installer etc.
I wrote to you so soon hoping you've already encountered something like this or have any brilliant idea about cause of this issue.

Best regards,
Daniel.
Attachments
Screenshot of the error
Screenshot of the error
installer_error.png (145.82 KiB) Viewed 5904 times
Eusebiu

Re: Installer fails to write in decoder.dll

Hi Daniel,

When an EXE package is launched it first extracts its resources to a predefined path before starting the installation process.

I'm not sure why the resources can not be extracted at the "\\SERVER03\RedirectedFolders\RobynMiller\AppData" path, but I think this in not the UAC that throws that error.

In order to quickly fix the problem, you can change that path by going in the Media page and replacing the [AppDataFolder] property from the "Extract Location" text field with [TempFolder] property (i.e. [TempFolder][|Manufacturer]\[|ProductName] [|ProductVersion]\install).

Let us know if this helped, otherwise give us more details about your scenario.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
den

Hello, Eusebiu,

I'm afraid altering installation package is not an option in this situation. After we do additional research with the customer I'll let you know if we found something interesting.

Best regards,
Daniel.
Eusebiu

Hi Daniel,

Another workaround would be to manually extract the MSI from the EXE package and install it, but in this case the EXE functionalities (i.e. pre-install prerequisites, custom User Interface) will be lost.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”