Inge

little bug list

- The Theme "Air" got Problems with the representation of the small Installer Window during Installation, no Background, no status bar
- The Theme "Surface" got Problems during Installation with the status bar, the bar shows only a progress between 0% and 1%
- Every Installation with LZMA(2) got Problems with the status bar, the bar goes up to 100%, down to 0%, up to 50%, again down to 0% :? thats stupid, please fix it!
- After all the AI Versions theres still no LZMA Compression for Multible Volumes (2x DvD5 f.e.), please add this feature! If I have to Compress very big files (.bik, .pak, .upk) I never get the result that I want. What use I got from 2DvD5 + 1CD or with LZMA2(level best) 8GB Output Folder(from 10,2 GB)? 1st one does not fit on 2x DvD5, 2nd one does not fit on 1DvD9.

I hope you care about the problems and read this message. :mrgreen:
Daniel

Re: little bug list

Hello,
- The Theme "Air" got Problems with the representation of the small Installer Window during Installation, no Background, no status bar
I'm afraid I don't fully understand what you mean. Can you please give us more details about this (maybe exemplify)?
- The Theme "Surface" got Problems during Installation with the status bar, the bar shows only a progress between 0% and 1%
I'm afraid this behavior is generated by a Windows Installer limitation. We are aware about this issue and will try to add an improvement regarding this behavior. Also, as a workaround, you can try the workaround described in our "Issue with Surface progress bar" thread.
- Every Installation with LZMA(2) got Problems with the status bar, the bar goes up to 100%, down to 0%, up to 50%, again down to 0% :? thats stupid, please fix it!
Can you please give us a detailed step by step test case scenario so we can try to reproduce and investigate this? Also, can you please specify which theme you are using when this behavior appears?
- After all the AI Versions theres still no LZMA Compression for Multible Volumes (2x DvD5 f.e.), please add this feature! If I have to Compress very big files (.bik, .pak, .upk) I never get the result that I want. What use I got from 2DvD5 + 1CD or with LZMA2(level best) 8GB Output Folder(from 10,2 GB)? 1st one does not fit on 2x DvD5, 2nd one does not fit on 1DvD9.
Indeed, this feature is still on our TODO list. I've increased its priority, but due to a small number of requests for this feature I cannot give you an ETA for now. Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”