Vasya

File association problems

Hello!

I have 2 different project in Advance Installer with different files inside packadge. In each projects I create file associations for example in first project this is .ext1 in second this .ext2. I build this project and try to install this products. But when I install second profuct files with .ext1 make association with second product like .ext2.

what I can do?
Cata

Hello,

Can you explain this a bit more clearly. I do not see the problem, it sounds like the behavior is as you expect...
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Vasya

I have two .aip projects. On first project I have file association with extension .fst and action "open". On second project I have file association with extantion .scd and action "open". Each project include different java files for lanch and open this files. Now I build setup files in AI: sf.exe and ss.exe. When I install first program all .fst files (when I double click on it)opened in first program and all .scd files not have association with some programs. Ok. After this I install second program and all .scd files opened in second program however all .fst files also opened in second program when you double click on it. Why second setup file change association for .fst ?
Cata

Thanks, we will investigate.
Cata

This issue is fixed in the 2.0.1 release which is going online as we speak.

Thank you very much,
Cata
Vasya

Thank you so much in advance.
Vasya

I'm so sorry, but problem not fix yet. I test it in v.2.0.1 and v.2.0.2. Problem still have :(
amalia

Hi!
You must delete the file associations from the project and recreate them with AdavncedInstaller v2.0.2.
Vasya

Yes it works.
Thank you so much!

Return to “Common Problems”