gshhar

Prerequisite does not work and wants to install my software

i define new Prerequisite: Wireshark and set the minimum version to 1.8.6 which is my current version:

and the registry path that hold my version:

my problem is that after i start the installation the installer wants to install Wireshark again although is already installed.
Dan

Re: Prerequisite does not work and wants to install my softw

Hello,

The version you set in the “Properties” tab, “Minimum version” field is only informative.

In order to achieve what you want, you can go in the “Install Conditions” tab, double click on the already created “Registry value containing a version” criteria and in the “Minimum” field write your version (“1.8.6”).

You can use the “Evaluate” button to see the result of the search. In case the result is "SUCCESS" the product is already installed and it will not be displayed in the "Prerequisite" dialog. If the result is "FAILURE" the prerequisite will be shown in the "Prerequisite" dialog. Also, you can switch through the “Install only if at least one condition is false” and “Install only if all conditions are false” options, in case you have multiple install conditions.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
gshhar

Thanks !

i can see that in different machine the registry value locate in different location so i think it will be batter to search the exe file inside program file folder so for example:

my exe file: C:\Program Files\Wireshark\wireshark.exe

now after right click on wireshark.exe and go to details tab i can see my version under product version filed, is it possible to add this ? who ?
Dan

Hello,

In order to achieve that, to search for a file, go to the “Prerequisites” page, “Install Conditions” tab and add a new “Install Conditions”. In the “Criteria” field for your new search use “File Version”, in the “File To Find” field specify your location (e.g. C:\Program Files\Wireshark\wireshark.exe ) and set the “Minimum” version field to what you are looking for (e.g. 1.8.6 ).

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”