Colorguy

Only Install If Folder Exists On End Users Machine?

I've been using version 8.6 for a while with no issues. I recently updated to 10.1. My installer places files into the plugin folder of Photoshop. There's many versions of Photoshop so I need to be sure it gets installed to the correct one.

Using 8.6 I included Properties for the paths of the plugin folder for each possible installed version of Photoshop. I also included Searches to check for installed Photoshop versions. Then in the Files and Folder section, I created Property Based Folders for each which include the file to be installed. All worked perfectly.

I've now configured new installers setup the exact same way with version 10.1 and when running the installer, it creates folders for versions of Photoshop that don't exist on the end-users machine? So, its not looking for an installed version of Photoshop only...if it doesn't exist, its creating it along with installing my files to it?

I have no idea why as the installer is setup identically to the one made with 8.6?

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!
Dan

Re: Only Install If Folder Exists On End Users Machine?

Hello,

I am not sure why you encountered this behaviour.

Make sure you set the right condition in the "Organization" page.
If your project is organized into features, one for each version of your extension, you need to have a condition on each of those features.

If not, you need to have appropriate install condition for all the components associated with the files from the property based folders.

If you have the right conditions and the behaviour persist can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Colorguy

Thanks Dan....I'll look into it further today. If I can't resolve it, will send the project file.

EDIT: Yes, I forgot to apply the Conditions on the Organization Tab. All works now. Its been a while since we needed to build new installers therefore its easy to forget things. Thanks.
Dan

You're welcome. I'm glad you got this working.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”