Running SQL Script - Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x8

Having trouble running Advanced Installer? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
rormond

Running SQL Script - Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x8

Postby rormond » Wed May 29, 2013 1:12 am

Hi,
I have two advanced installer packages, one is 32bit and one 64bit. I have them set up exactly the same way with regards to installing SQL Server and running a script against it after install.

The 64bit install works perfectly, however the 32bit one sits at the executing sql scripts page for a minute then fails and rolls back the installation.

In the windows event viewer I see an entry for this: Event ID 1015, Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x800401F0

I can confirm that the SQL Server is installed and I can connect to it with management studio fine.

I am using a "predefined connection" and it is set up with the correct server and authentication (like I said, it's the same as the 64bit installer and that works fine).

I am installing the 64bit one on Win 7 64bit. The 32bit is failing to install on win xp 32bit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

**UPDATE**

After deleting everything related to the running of the script and re-adding it to the aip it is now working on winxp 32bit. Using a file diff tool I can see the only thing that is different before and after deleting and adding it back in again is the name of the connection (I renamed it before, this time I left it as the default name). A little worrisome as to why this has fixed it since the aip itself has no other changes, but at least it is working.

Return to “Common Problems”