Colorguy

Norton Suspicious Cloud 5 With All Installers?

A few of my systems have Nortons Security Suite installed. When reviewing the resolved security risks, every installer I've built was detected with a Suspicious Cloud 5 by Nortons. I know there's no viruses, malware or security threat of any kind within my product. In fact, I built a few test installers that just placed a few text files on the end users system and those were also reported as infected by Nortons. I'm using Advanced Installer 10.1. Any clue as to what the problem is?
Daniel

Re: Norton Suspicious Cloud 5 With All Installers?

Hello,

I'm not sure why this happens. I've built two samples (EXE and MSI) installation packages using version 10.1 of Advanced Installer and, then I've scanned them on VirusTotal.com. The scan results showed that the files are clean.

Can you please attach a sample which reproduces the behavior so we can investigate it?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Colorguy

Re: Norton Suspicious Cloud 5 With All Installers?

I've scanned the installers using Nortons and it reports no issues. I wasn't aware of anything until viewing my history of resolved security threats and seeing all the instances of a Suspicious Cloud 5 identified. I contacted Symantec about this and they looked at the installers and found no issue. Yet after running one here they do show up as infected within the resolved threats history, although Nortons does not block the installers from running nor is any warning generated by Nortons during installation. I'm sure this is a problem with Nortons. I've now sent them screen shots of my virus protection history.

Return to “Common Problems”