brian

Product Logo on UAC dialog box

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:00 am

When our product installer launches we're (correctly) presented with the UAC dialog box and asked if it's OK for the program to make changes. The UAC dialog box correctly shows our digitally signed product name, etc.However, the icon here is a generic 'install' icon.

Does anyone know how to make our actual product icon appear here? I think this will build more trust in our installer (updater) as our end-users know our icon very well.

Thanks,
Brian

Dan

Re: Product Logo on UAC dialog box

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:01 am

Hello Brian,

Please note that if an icon is specified in your installation package then the UAC will display the related logo.
If the icon is not displayed, please make sure that you are running your installation package on a clean machine. Your Windows operating system might cache the default icon if when you were running the tests and no icon has been chosen.

To add an icon to your application package you can take a look on our how to add icon to my application thread post which debates a similar subject.

Please let us know if that helped.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

brian

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks Dan. I figured out what was going on. I was running the installer from a network drive. Turns out that windows doesn't display the icon when you do that. Running it locally works great!

Brian

Dan

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:09 am

You're welcome Brian. I'm glad you got this working.

If you have other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”