brian

IIS Compression

I'm looking for a way to set IIS compression (static and dynamic) for a website installer. I didn't see the settings anywhere (using latest version 10.6) in IIS settings.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Brian
Dan

Re: IIS Compression

Hello Brian,

I'm afraid we don't have predefined support for this.

However, starting with the 10.6 version of Advanced Installer you can define a custom property that will set the dynamicCompression and staticCompression attributes, in the system.webServer/urlCompression IIS Configuration Section.

In order to achieve that you can go in the Custom Properties view from the Internet Information Services page.

To configure an IIS property use the [New...] button and select using the picker the urlCompression for the Section field.
For the Name field use the corespondent picker and select your compression type: dynamic or static.
Please note that this property is a boolean type so you should add its value in the Value field. (e.g. True).

Unfortunately, there is an issue with the property picker dialog. A fix will be available in the next version of Advanced Installer which will be available soon (next week - probably).
Until then if you need this fix you can send us an email to support at advancedinstaller dot com and we can send you a RC containing this fix.

If you need any help, please let us know.

Best regards.
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”