thoga01

Visual Studio Integration Issue

Hi,
I recently upgraded from 10.6 to 10.7, and since then I've had issues with the VS2012 integrated projects. My VS solution has lots of projects (>100) in it, including the AI projects. The issue is I'm trying to limit what is included in the AI projects to some specific Project outputs. The process of doing this is rather complex in AI, as I need to manually determine project dependencies, and include those projects outputs into the AI project. I can live with this, although it is something I'd expect AI to work out through the project dependencies in the solution. My real issue is that after certain VS operations (like open solution, get-latest in source control, etc), the AI solutions "overwrite" what I have setup in the project outputs, and blindy add almost all outputs of all projects in my solution.
I'm at a point where I may have to downgrade back to 10.6, as I can't keep "resetting" the project outputs in the AI solutions.

Thanks
Garry
Dan

Re: Visual Studio Integration Issue

Hello Garry and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

I'm not sure why you encountered this behavior.
It would be useful if you can isolate the behavior in a test project and send us to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it along with a detailed step by step test case.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
thoga01

Hi Dan,
I've upgraded to 10.8 and haven't seen the issue re-occur yet. I checked the release notes, and I don't think there's a specific entry for this type of issue. So I'm not 100% sure if it is cured, fixed by a reinstall, or fixed by the update.

With regard to me having to manually add the project output for all dependent projects, is this normal? If so, can it be raised as a feature request to automatically include the output of all dependent projects?

Thanks
Garry
Dan

Hi Garry,
With regard to me having to manually add the project output for all dependent projects, is this normal? If so, can it be raised as a feature request to automatically include the output of all dependent projects?
Indeed this is our default implementation. I have added this improvement on our TODO list and it will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer. Thank you for your suggestion.

If you have other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan

Hello,

The support to automatically include the output of all dependent for C# projects has been added in version 14.5 of Advanced Installer released on November 27th, 2017.

Best regards,
Dan

Return to “Common Problems”