nicw

Adding SetupTypeDlg removes FolderDlg

Can anyone assist me here.

I have a very large project spanning 5 DVD's and it works perfectly. It has some features the users can choose. While testing I noticed the FolderDlg to choose the path was missing so I added it in, only to my suprise the SetupTypeDlg disappeared.

testing I have found these two are mutually exclusive and it makes no sense to me, even on a new empty enterprise project which auto includes FolderDlg, adding SetupTypeDlg removes it and vice versa.

anyone have any idea why, am I missing something here?

regards
nicw
gigi

Hi,

The "Setup Type" and "Folder" dialogs are mutually exclusive. This is because the "Setup Type" dialog also allows you to specify the installation folder. If you select the [Custom] button the "Custom Setup" dialog will be displayed enabling you to choose what features to install and the installation folder.

Regards,
Gigi
Gheorghe Rada
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
nicw

Hmmmm

Our users are not very computer illiterate, and provding a "Custom" button will just confuse them. I want to lose the Custom button then just provide the other two renamed to one of their two choices, they CANNOT remove items from the install, they can just have one or the other. Having to do a path via a custom button in the middle will confuse this issue greatly.

If the custom button is deleted, the mutual exclusive nature should be disabled so the normal folderdlg can be used.
nicw

one more thing

One more thing,

Are we saying if a user just selects FULL then they are unable to change the destination path, so ALL users must go via Custom? I must say I realy dont understand this methodology.

regards
NicW
Cosmin

Hi,

To obtain what you want you must go to FolderDlg dialog and copy the Folder Path Edit box and the Browse button, then go to the SetupTypeDlg and delete the Custom button (and the text for it) and finally you go to VerifyReadyDlg dialog and paste the Folder Path Edit box and the Browse button.

Now you have only Typical install and Complete install, and on the next dialog you can choose the installation path.

Hope this helps you!
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”