shadyfan

Displaying the name of a feature

Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:02 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to make a Customize Dialog. In the right part, next to the Selection Tree, I want to display the name of the feature displayed in the selection tree. Is there a property for doing this? Also how could I display the size of a feature, I know it's done automatically, but I would like to change the text "The size of the currently selected item."

Cosmin

Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:40 am

Hi,
In the right part, next to the Selection Tree, I want to display the name of the feature displayed in the selection tree.
You can use the CustomizeDlg under Special Dialogs, the "Multiline description of the currently selected item." text, which will display the description of the selected feature (in your case the description will be the name of the feature).
how could I display the size of a feature
You can use the same dialog, the "The size of the currently selected item." text.

Whether you use the standard CustomizeDlg dialog or you create a custom one the description and the size of the feature selected in the "Selection Tree" will be displayed when installing.

In a custom dialog you copy/paste the two above and the "Selection Tree" box.

If you want to use the CustomizeDlg dialog don't forget to add the SetupTypeDlg dialog in "First Time Install" so you can select "Custom Install" !

Hope this helps!
Regards,
cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

shadyfan

Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:10 pm

Thank you, that was the solution to my question. But I have another one :)
Is there a way to display if a feature would be installed or wouldn't be installed? As a user could choose whether to make a typical, full install or don't install the specific feature, in the right side to be displayed the type of installtion of the feature.

shadyfan

Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:59 pm

I hope someone would answer me today.

Cosmin

Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:51 am

Hi,

Please give me more details about what you are trying to accomplish! What exactly do you mean by "the type of installation of the feature" ?

Regards,
cosmin

shadyfan

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:59 pm

Hi,
I'll tell you exactly what I mean. For every feature there's an option to be:
Will be installed on a local hard drive (typical installation)
Entire feature will be installed on a local hard drive (full installation)
Entire feature will be unavailable (not installed)

I want to display the type of installation as shown above (typical, full, not installed). I think this could be done with something called "Action Text", but I'm not sure if Advanced Installer supports it.

I hope I made myself clearer this time :)

Cosmin

Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:17 pm

Hi,

You can do this by creating a new static text. Under "Subscribed Events" tab create the following event:

Code: Select all

SelectionAction      Text
Regards,
cosmin

shadyfan

Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:05 pm

Hi,
This is really what I wanted to achieve. Thank you very much! :D

Return to “Common Problems”