ScubaD

Program files missing after installation

Hi!

I have created an installer package with the free version of Advanced Installer (v. 2.02). The installation seems to work fine and the program is installed according to the control panel's Add/Remove programs.

The problem is that the files are never installed. Anyone had this problem before?

I am using a single msi file and install the package on Windows XP SP1. I have a few application files and also added an OCX to the System32 folder and marked it for automatic registration.

Help, please!
/ScubaD
Philip

Hi ScubaD,

Please send the .aip project file to support at advancedinstaller.com so we can try to duplicate this problem on our test computer.

Thanks,

Philip
Philip Petrescu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
ScubaD

I have mailed you the project file.

/ ScubaD
Philip

Everything looks fine in the .aip project you sent.

The only problem I see is that you placed your files in Application Data and not in the Application Folder.

The Application Data folder is a special windows folder that translates to C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data.

You should place your files in the Application Folder instead. You can change the location of this folder from the Install Parameters page. By default, it has the following value:

[ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]

Let me know if this fixes your problem.

Best regards,

Philip
Philip Petrescu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”