Kallex

Problem localizing EULA with Professional version 11.4.1

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:25 am

Hi,

Edit: During writing this post I discovered that I can Localize EULA on 11.2, but not on 11.4.1. I left the description on how I ended up bit confused, and where I did find the final issue.

Old problem:

I need to localize EULA and I'm using Pro version. I've tried following up to this article, which also clearly indicates that Pro version should be able to do it:
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-g ... ement.html

The problem is that following that article, I cannot get to "pick" the rich text field from the LicenseAgreementDlg. The dialog is not-selectable and when I try to go to "Edit Dialog..." it cleanly states that I need Enterprise or Architect type project.

The guide (that I linked above) clearly states that for Pro or Java version I should choose the localize on the RTF file property => following that guide I did finally discover that "right clicking" the RTF file property works, thus to the "New problem"...

New problem:

I tried right clicking on the "File Name" box on the newest 11.4.1 version (because I wanted to repro with newest version and it's on different test system, Win 8.1 x64). This system brings context menu with "Undo - Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete - Select All"... but there is no "Localization..." in the bottom.

Now on my production system that runs 11.2 Win Server 2008 R2, x64) I do get the "Localization..." option on that field and indeed can proceed.

We are likely trying to upgrade to 11.4.1 on the production build system as well, and I'm concerned we're going to break this part.

Daniel

Re: Problem localizing EULA with Professional version 11.4.1

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:00 am

Hello,

Please keep in mind that in order to localize the EULA file by using a Professional project type you should simply use the "Localization..." context menu option of the "File Name" field pointing to the RTF file. Also, the "Localization..." context menu option is displayed in the context menu of the "File Name" field only after selecting two or more languages for your project in "Translations page -> Languages tab". If your current project has only one language the "Localization..." context menu option will not be available.

Therefore, can you please make sure that you have selected multiple languages for your project in "Translations" page and see if the behavior still persists? If so, can you please send us a sample replicating the behavior alongside a step by step test case to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Kallex

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:14 am

Hi,

Sorry for delay in checking back. I can confirm, that it works once I add multiple languages.

So there doesn't seem to be any issue. Everything works.

Kalle

Daniel

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:26 am

I'm glad you got this working.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”