jasoncd

Icon missing in maintenance dialog

One of my installations is missing the icon for the Modify button. See attached image. Suggestions? Using 10.9.1 until product ships, then will be updating to 11.x.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (22.28 KiB) Viewed 4407 times
Eusebiu

Re: Icon missing in maintenance dialog

Hi,

I'm not sure why that icon is not displayed. Can you please send us the .AIP (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com, so we can investigate it?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Eusebiu

Hi,

Investigating the AIP file that you sent, I noticed that you removed all the dialogs that should be displayed when the "Modify" button is pressed and that button takes you directly to the "ProgressDlg" dialog. Windows Installer applies, by default, the elevation shield icon on the button that takes the installation to the "ProgressDlg" dialog, if some modification that requires administrator rights will be done on the machine.

In your case no action will be performed and so, the elevation shield icon will not be placed on the "Modify" button, but its related text is displayed. In my opinion the "Modify" button is useless in your case. If you want, you can hide that button as described in the Unable to remove the modify button thread.

If you do not want to hide it, you can add a new dialog after the "MaintenanceTypeDlg" dialog, then select the "Modify" button and add a new "Close the current dialog" published event on it, with the value "Return". That event should be placed the last in sequence.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
jasoncd

I had forgotten about that. Our installation has nothing to modify, so the button didn't make sense. Thanks.
Eusebiu

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Common Problems”