prerak6962

Visual Studio Extension

Hello,
I have Visual Studio 2013 installed on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop. I also have Advanced Installer 11.6.3 Freeware version installed on the same system. I am currently using the trial period of Advanced Installer to test the software functionality. But I am not able to find the Advanced Installer Extension in Visual Studio. In "New -> Project", there is no template available for "Advanced Installer Project".

Can you please help me with this?

Thank you and Regards,
Prerak
Daniel

Re: Visual Studio Extension

Hello Prerak and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.

I'm not sure why this happens. Can you please go to "Control Panels -> Programs and Features", select the "Advanced Installer" program entry and from its context menu choose "Change" option? Then on installation dialogs just choose [Modify], make sure the "Visual Studio Extension" feature is selected for installation and proceed with install.

After installation you can check within Visual Studio if the AI extension was installed, from "Tools -> Extension Manager..." option.

Let us know if this helped.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
prerak6962

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the response. I figured out, what was the problem. I had installed Advanced Installer before Visual Studio. So Advanced Installer did not find Visual Studio in my computer and so did not install the extension.
I re-installed Advanced Installer and got the extension in Visual Studio.

Prerak
Last edited by prerak6962 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel

You're always welcome Prerak. I'm glad you figured this out.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”