fazeelk

Oracle database installer is throwing error

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:31 am

Hi
I have created an oracle database installer. But its throwing "[SQLDriverConnect]{SQL_STATE:HY000}[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12560:TNS:protocol adapter error" while installing. I have attached test aip file and installation log. I have attached test aip file and installation log. I am able to connect the oracle server with the credentials I have given to the installer from the sql plus.
Attachments
Log.LOG
(65.62KiB)Downloaded 526 times
Oracle1.0.aip
(33.48KiB)Downloaded 556 times

Daniel

Re: Oracle database installer is throwing error

Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:32 am

Hello,

I've tested and replicated the behavior. Unfortunately, this seems to be caused by a limitation of our "SQL Databases" support. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I've added an improvement in our TODO list so we can investigate this issue and we'll try to add an improvement in a future version of Advanced Installer. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll notify you when an improvement will be available.

Until then, you can try to create your own custom action which will connect to database server and run the SQL script.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

mightyschwartz

Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:46 am

Hi Daniel,

I too am facing this issue as I would like to verify that our users have correctly configured their database credentials. I am on day 5 of an eval and doing a proof of concept for my company who will be purchasing enterprise licenses once I get them a solid installation package using AdvancedInstaller.

Any update on this issue?

Regards,

Jimmy

Daniel

Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:49 am

Hello Jimmy,

I'm afraid this is still on our todo list. However, in order to have a better view of your installation scenario (regarding Oracle database connection), can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

All the best,
Daniel

Daniel

Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:28 pm

Hi,

Using latest version of Advanced Installer (18.6.1) you should be able to successfully run SQL scripts and test the ODBC connection to both types of Oracle Server installation: locally installed Oracle Database and remote installed Oracle Database servers.

To do so you have to use a custom connection string of this format:

• Driver=Oracle in instantclient_19_12;DBQ=<TNS Service Name>;Uid=<username>;Pwd=<password>

where the <TNS Service Name> can be found in the tnsnames.ora file located in the OracleHome\network\admin folder on the machine where the Oracle ODBC driver is installed.

More details in "Configure an Oracle Server SQL connection into your setup project" thread.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Common Problems”