a.guelle

[solved] Immediate Custom Action, but script not installed yet

Hi,

I want to run a VB script as custom action that sets an installer property. I read that the execution time has to be "Immediately" for setting properties from custom scripts. But it seems that immediate actions will be executed before any files are installed. So my script is not yet available at execution time.

How can I solve this?
Last edited by a.guelle on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan

Re: Immediate Custom Action, but script not installed yet

Hello,

In this case, you can add the script file as a Temporary Files. Please note that the temporary files are copied during the CostFinalize standard action, at the beginning of the setup and removed during the InstallFinalize standard action.

The standard actions used by Advanced Installer can be revealed using the Show Standard Action button on the toolbar of the Custom Actions page.

By the way, you can use the predefined Execute inline script code custom action. In the Script Text section you can edit this field with the body of the script. You can also take a look on the How do I set an installer property using custom actions? article which may be useful to you.

Should there be any difficulty you encounter implementing something, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will gladly assist.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
a.guelle

Hi Dan,

the "Execute inline script code" works great.

Thanx, Angelo
Dan

You're always welcome Angelo,

Should there be any difficulty you encounter implementing something, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will gladly assist.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”