Michael_H

Black Surface Theme Color Issue

Hi,

I am adding some license scroll able text fields to my project and i am having some color issues where the background is dark and so is the text and i cannot find out how to change either.
I need to change font color in the image attached or the background color of the scrollable text control. For reference this is using the "BlackSurface" theme.
Attachments
darkBackgroundExample.png
darkBackgroundExample.png (5.23 KiB) Viewed 15914 times
dms

Re: Black Surface Theme Color Issue

You need to open up your license text file (in other words the file that contains the text of your license agreement ) and with that file select all the text and then set the text colour to White. Save the file. You should now find that Ai will display white text in the black Surface theme.

Note that you cannot do this in AI itself you need to do it in an external editor like wordpad.

HTH

Dom
Daniel

Hello Michael,

I can confirm you the approach Dom described is the right one to go with. Here is our "New Surface Theme Color Contrast" thread debating the same issue.

@Dom: We appreciate your help in this matter. Thank you for your answer.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Michael_H

Doh! Not sure why that did not cross my mind that the text color was coming from the file itself. That worked perfect, thanks a log dms and Daniel.
Daniel

You're always welcome.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Dan

Hello,

A much better approach is the one detailed in the How to change the background of the LicenseAgreementDlg in Surface theme and keep print functionality? article.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”