Code: Select all

Checking builds status... done.
Build required.

[ DefaultBuild ]
Creating MSI database (en)... done.
Writing Summary Information... done.
Creating MSI database (de)... done.
Building package (all): T:\TimeFleX.Installer\TimeFleXSetup-SetupFiles\TimeFleXSetup.exe 
Creating LZMA archive... done.
Creating MSI database... done.
error.
Failed to localize one or more elements in the EXE bootstrapper. Make sure that [T:\TimeFleX.Installer\TimeFleXSetup-SetupFiles\TimeFleXSetup.exe] is not being used by another process and the elements used by the bootstrapper can be accessed.
GetLastError() returned: Zugriff verweigert  Details

Build finished because an error was encountered.
"Zugriff verweigert" means "Access denied". Details is:

Code: Select all

Failed to localize one or more elements in the EXE bootstrapper. Make sure that [T:\TimeFleX.Installer\TimeFleXSetup-SetupFiles\TimeFleXSetup.exe] is not being used by another process and the elements used by the bootstrapper can be accessed.
GetLastError() returned: Zugriff verweigert

Advanced Installer 12.7.1 build 68466
*** Stack Trace (x86) ***

[0x76a95b68]  RaiseException()
[0x01db28ce]  -----
[0x00e91293]  -----
[0x00e90f3b]  -----
[0x00e90877]  -----
[0x00e90669]  -----
[0x00e90413]  -----
[0x00e2a57c]  -----
[0x00c8e798]  -----
[0x00c8e089]  -----
[0x00c8c3d9]  -----
[0x00c8c184]  -----
[0x00c8bf57]  -----
[0x00c8ada2]  -----
[0x00c897af]  -----
[0x01de80a0]  -----
[0x01ded0bc]  -----
[0x016b8cd8]  -----
[0x016b8e09]  -----
[0x77d0ab8f]  RtlInitializeExceptionChain()
[0x77d0ab5a]  RtlInitializeExceptionChain()
[0x00a10000]  MODULE_BASE_ADDRESS
I have already restarted the computer multiple times to make sure that the file is not in use or otherwise blocked. In Windows Explorer I can see that the EXE is created by AI during the process, and deleted around the time the error occurs (not sure whether before or afterwards). There should be enough space left on the device (18.6 Gigs of 146 Gigs left). The system is Windows 8.1 with most recent patches. If you need any more information, I can provide.
Daniel

Re: AI 12.7.1: Build error: Access denied

Hello,

Can you please tell us if you are using the "Place files unpacked in folders next to the MSI database" option from "Builds page -> Configuration tab"? If so, can you please use another build archive option and see if this helps?

We recently discovered a similar issue related with this build option. This fix will be available in the next version of Advanced Installer.

Also, if you could isolate the error in a small sample (AIP + its referenced file) please send us to support at advancedinstaller dot com alongside a test case which we can follow to replicate the issue.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Antarctica

I am using "Archive installation files using LZMA compression. Method: LZMA2 - Level: Fast" without "Encrypt archive".

I don't have a small sample at hands; is there anything else I can do?

Thanks for your assistance.
Daniel

Hello,

Please send us the .AIP (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings and test on our side.

Also, please make sure that the output folder (the folder where the package is built) is not open in Windows Explorer during the build process. It seems this may also happen because of a conflict between Advanced Installer and Windows Explorer.

All the best,
Daniel
Antarctica

I have located the issue. When building with 12.7.1, Bitdefender endpoint security reports silently into a log file:
SetupFiles\RCXEE1B.tmp is malware of type Gen:Trojan.Heur.JP.BC0@aWewybbi
No configured actions can be executed.
Access to file was denied.
This does not occur in 12.6.1, in which the build process runs through - using the same files.

It does occur in 12.7.1, and it doesn't matter whether I choose LZMA or CAB.

Bitdefender is v7.64524, full scans on both my project content as well as the Advanced Installer setup directory came up blank.

Do you have any idea what that tmp file is about, and how to save it (it is automatically deleted before I can save it), so I can upload it to BitDefender?
Daniel

Hello,

Indeed, I've tested and replicated the issue. I can assure you this is a false positive detection. We'll contact BitDefender to remove this false detection and we'll let you know as soon as we get a resolution for this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

The related .tmp file has is a temporary file created by our build process and has random names. Until this false positive is fixed by BitDefender I'm afraid the only solution for you is to close BitDefender during the setup build operation. Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel

Hello,

This is a followup to my previous reply. BitDefender has finally succeeded to fix this false positive detection in their analyzing algorithms. So, please get the latest BitDefender updates in order to avoid the related false detection issue.

If there is anything we can assist you with just let us know.

All the best,
Daniel
sfaust

FYI I got this again with AI 14.5 just now... I have Bit Defender up to date so something is still tagging it as a virus. I am able to build some of my projects but one gives this error...
Daniel

Hello,

Can you please send us the .aip (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings? Also, please make sure you are using the latest virus definition updates from BitDefender.

All the best,
Daniel
wellmet

I am having the same issue. I tested it by creating an aip that was for a .NET app that created an exe. I didn't put anything in the .NET app (no dlls, exe's, etc.) and still got the message that I had a Razy virus in the exe and it was removed. Let me know if there is something you would like me to do to help you resolve this issue.

Thanks!

Stan
Attachments
Test.aip
(18.13 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Daniel

Hello Stan,

You can see my reply on "VirusTotal.com reports backdors" thread.

All the best,
Daniel
sfaust

Submitted my files... This is becoming an issue on user machines too now... It seems it's the .aiui files it doesn't like...
Daniel

Hello Steve,

You can see my report on "VirusTotal.com reports backdors" thread.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Common Problems”