trevpope

Silent Install - No GUI

Hi,

I'm running AI 12.7.1.

When running silently, the bootstrapper .exe never returns, the issue seems to be a result of using the "Surface" theme, this appears to have the setting [Use Enhanced User Interface] checked as "Always" in the [Settings] tab of the [Themes] page, un-checking this and re-building the package allows the silent install to execute correctly.

Please could you inform me as to how I get around this issue?

Many thanks

Trev
Daniel

Re: Silent Install - No GUI

Hello Trev,

I can confirm you this is caused by an Advanced Installer issue which we are aware of. We'll try to add a fix for this issue in the next version of Advanced Installer. We'll update this thread as soon as the fix will be out.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
trevpope

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your speedy response, much appreciated.

Cheers

Trev
Daniel

You're always welcome Trev.

If you are in a hurry and you cannot wait until the official fix will be released in our next version, then you can write us an e-mail to support at advancedinstaller dot com and require an intermediary fix for this issue.

All the best,
Daniel
trevpope

Hi Daniel,

I notice that Advanced Installer 12.7.2 was released the other day, the bug fixes don't mention that this issue was included, could you confirm that this issue didn't make it into the list of fixes?

Thank you

Trev
puserg

Daniel wrote:Hello Trev,

I can confirm you this is caused by an Advanced Installer issue which we are aware of. We'll try to add a fix for this issue in the next version of Advanced Installer. We'll update this thread as soon as the fix will be out.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel
When we should expect this update?
DJI Phantom 4 Pro drone is awesome for videography.my Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 review published here.
Daniel

Hello and welcome to our forums,

This fix will be included in our AI 12.8 version. Unfortunately I cannot give you any ETA for now, but if you need a fix you can write us an e-mail to support at advancedinstaller dot com and require an intermediary fix for this issue.

All the best,
Daniel
Dan

Hello,

This was fixed in version 12.8 of Advanced Installer released on March 23rd, 2016.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”