Kratzer

Re: Signing error

Hello Daniel,

sorry for my late reply. I investigated the behaviour a bit more.

First I tried to use the built-in digisign.exe, but this tool seems to be very, very ..... slow, or there is another problem(?).

Then I checked AI calls to signtool.exe from Windows SDK with procmon. I saw that AI is generating files with generated names for all dlls to be digitally signed in %appdata%\local\temp in the profile of the domain user running Jenkins service.

I had a look at the directory, there were lots of files with these generated names. I deleted all the files and now it seems AI is working again without problems.

We will watch and give you feedback again.

Thanks and best regards,
Bernd
Daniel

Thank you for your follow up on this Bernd.

Just let us know if you do find anything meaningful which could help us to replicate the issue on our side too.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Kratzer

Hello AI team,

I think we found the problem.

The problem can be solved by deleting files in %APPDATA%\local\temp of the user profile under wich the jenkins job is running.

There are a lot of files after creating a lot of setups via jenkins.
As you see on the attachment, the file names are not very long, so after some time we think the file names are repeated by AI and the result is the signings error. Maybe longer file names with more possible variations or deleting temp files by AI can solve the problem.

Best regards
Bernd
Attachments
16-11-_2018_16-27-44.png
16-11-_2018_16-27-44.png (9.65 KiB) Viewed 4683 times
Daniel

Hello Bernd,

I have forwarded your findings to our development team and they said that it is very unlikely to be a problem with the filename uniqueness. This is because we use a system function which always generates a temp file with a unique name.

Maybe there is a problem with the free space on your machine disk. When this error occurs could you please check how much free space is on the disk drive where the current user account profile (which triggers the build operation) resides. Please make sure there is a free space equal or greater than the two times size of your built setup package.

All the best,
Daniel
Kratzer

Hi Daniel,

there are 65 GB free on the primary drive of the machine. This should not be the problem.
The files aren't real temp files, if so, I could not see them days and weeks after generating them.
And the problem with signing is definitly solved after removing all the files.
The files all have pattern AITxxxx.tmp where xxxx are letters or numbers.

Do you use the one is attached?

Best regards,
Bernd
Attachments
20-11-_2018_15-29-18.png
20-11-_2018_15-29-18.png (45.64 KiB) Viewed 4661 times
Daniel

Hello Bernd,

Yes, this is the function we use. We will try to test and investigate further your scenario and see if we manage to find out a route case to replicate such error.

We will update this thread when any updates available.

All the best,
Daniel
Marco28

Has this issue been solved? We are having the issue with an old version (14.5.2) and are updating to the latest version and want to know if this issue is solved in the current version.
Catalin

Hello Marco,

It looks like this issue has been fixed in Advanced Installer 16.4.

Please test this with our latest version and let me know if you encounter any problems.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”