bigdineg

Getting Error message upon Boot

First, I know nothing about this so bear with me please....
Every time i start my computer, i'm getting a window (title of window = Advanced INF Installer) message: INF Install failure Reason: The Data is Invalid)
Upon hitting the OK button, another window pops up for a split second and the same error popup returns.

i actually video taped my screen and slowed down/paused to find out what it said as it came and went too fast to see w/naked eye: (same window title) message: deleting files Wsup.exe

second time i hit OK button, message: Deleting files: WToolS.exe

noticed last night that this screen seems to come up before the first error message, but didn't have time to see what it says although i'm sure its something like Deleting files: filename.xxx, but don't know file name.

anyway, last night i did get new message that i've never seen before:

Error Unregistering the OCX C:\Program Files\Common Files\WinTools\WtoolsB.dll

Lastly, this was going on for a week or so with no noticible problems after i hit OK three times, but in the last couple days, my DVD drives (one reader, one writer) are not working at all (reading or writing) and am hoping these problems are related and hope fixing the installer one will fix drive problems.

one last question:
is this installer something that should be/always has been running on my computer, and i'm just seeing it now because somethings wrong, or is there a chance this is something malicious that shouldn't be there in the first place

any help whatsoever would be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks,
rod
Cata

Hi Rod,

The messages you are seeing have nothing to do with Advanced Installer. They are caused by the OS's hardware device installation issues.

Check out this Google search:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Advanced+INF+Installer

Regards,
Cata
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”