zeiddev

Possible Bug in custom dialogs being saved to repository

Hi,

I have come across a possible bug but I guess it could be interpreted as by design.

I create a custom dialog with say a label and a text field and give the label a display value e.g. "Label 1". I need a second label and text box on the form so I just select them both and copy them. I then change the new label to "Label 2". I run my installer and everything looks good.

I come to save this form in the repository for next time. I come out of the project and back in again and both labels now say "Label 1".

When I look at the xml in the repository aip file, I can see that the TextLocId property for both labels are pointing to the same id. I got around this by deleting the label and recreating it independently of the original one. Now when I add the form to the repository and look in the aip I can see two separate references.
Daniel

Re: Possible Bug in custom dialogs being saved to repository

Hello,

I tested and replicated the behavior. Indeed, this seems to be an Advanced Installer limitation.

We'll try to add a fix for this in a future version of Advanced Installer. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. When the fix will be out we'll update this thread.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Daniel

You're always welcome.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Dan

Hello,

This was fixed in version 14.4 of Advanced Installer released on October 26st, 2017.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”