julien

Nothing happens...

Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:03 pm

Hello,
this is my first try in building a desktop application, usually everything runs on a linux server (servlet, and tomcat servlet engine) .

now I have a project that must run on a windows system, it can run manually in DOS if I set the classpath:

set CLASSPATH=c:\program files\myApp\lib\myApp.jar;c:\program files\myApp\lib\servlet.jar

and then
java com.myApp.desk.MyApp

it is not something I can ask my custommers to do, so I need a way to create a windows installer, this software seems perfect.

but I cannot get it to work properly, I created all the folders to place my JAR files, the installer works, copy the jars in the good folders, the start menu shows the link to the exe file, using my own designed icon.

but when I try to lauch the application, nothing happends, I made many tries in the "java product" section, the "Main Class" should be correct, when I enter an other value than "java com.myApp.desk.MyApp" I get a message "could not find the main class .."

I tried to change the JVM parameters (-Xms64M -Xmx256M) force the JRE version to 1.4

so everything seems fine, but nothing happends, I couldn't find any log files (I'm only used to server developpement on linux machine, where there is a log for everything)

any help will be highly appreciated.

Cata

Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:17 pm

Hi Julien,

Are you sure you've set the Java application classpath to include the JARs you need? Take a look at the Tutorial in Help to see if you missed something.

Regards,
Cata
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

julien

Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:39 pm

Thank you, Yes, I'm sure that I've add the good JAR in the classpath.

I have added them in "files and folders"
then in "java product" I clicked on "Add JAR(s)" , could locate the files in my "application folder\lib" , clicked on them.

now in the page "java product" I can see the 2 required JAR in the classpath, I have also checked that the JAR where copied on the client computer during installation....

Cata

Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:22 pm

Hmm... can you please zip up all the files and send them to support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can take a look? If they are not too big, that is.

Cata
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”