oviradoi

Visual C++ 2015 Prerequisite download failed

I am trying to create a new installer, and I am trying to add the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 x86 and x64 to the Prerequisites.
When I tick the checkbox next to the prerequisite, Advanced Installer asks me if I want to download it, and I choose yes.
But the prerequisite download fails, even though my internet connection is working.
If I try to include the Visual C++ 2013 prerequisite, that works.
Dan

Re: Visual C++ 2015 Prerequisite download failed

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Indeed, the download fails. This is happening because the package size has been changed, the download fails due to the Integrity Check. We already fixed this issue in the next version of Advanced Installer that will be released next week. I will update this thread as soon as the release will be available.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
amf

Hi Dan,

Any news on this release? We have a project being held up for this fix. Thanks.
Dan

Hello,

The download link for the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable will be fixed in the next version of Advanced Installer that will be released these days. I will update this thread as soon as the next version of Advanced Installer will be released.

Update: The fragment was removed because the prerequisite is available in Advanced Installer.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Dan
madusmacus

Thank you for this fixup - :¬) I was panicing I needed to make a release today hehe
Dan

You're welcome,

Also, this fixed in version 13.2 of Advanced Installer released on October 6th, 2016.

Best regards,
Dan

Return to “Common Problems”