mguenth83

Chained Package, Repair dont work

Hi,
on new AI 13.3 or also on 13.2.2 the Repair of Chained MSI File does not work or iam to stupid for that little Package :oops:

Repair dont work:
I installed the Package over AI and go to ARP and click the Repair Button it doesnt work. Seems to be the Repair will not trigger an mssing files will not replaced.

Repair dont work:
open commanline and paste following commandine
msiexec /fvmous "A.00001.001 Tester GmbH Test 1.0.msi" /qn

So how it works:
In Project i choose on Product Details the Single "Uninstall/Change" Button. Install it, and Click on ARP on Change and the Repair. The Repair will be trigger an files will be repaired.

So my Question is, why workt it on ARP with Single Change/Uninstall Button and why it doesnt work over commandline ?
In my Scenario it must be work on ARP and Commandline.
Attachments
A.00001.001 Tester GmbH Test 1.0.aip
Repair Chainer dont work
(17.36 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
mguenth83

Re: Chained Package, Repair dont work

Does someone had the same Problems ?
mihai.petcu

Hello,

Indeed we get the same behavior, thank you for bringing this to our attention. The PuTTy chained package should be repaired as expected when clicking "Repair" on the main package from Control Panel. Instead if you click "Change" then select "Repair" from the wizard, the PuTTy chained installation gets repaired.

This looks like a bug but we'll have to investigate to be sure. We'll get back to you as soon as we have something conclusive.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mihai.petcu

Hello,

We investigated this and it seems a chained package will get repaired (run in maintenance mode) only when the main package runs with Full UI and in maintenance mode as well. This is an implementation limitation.

When pressing the Repair button in Control Panel ARP the main package runs with Basic UI so the chained package repair will not get triggered. However, when pressing the Change button, the main package is executed with Full UI and this is why the chained package repair works along with it.

To avoid this, the only workaround is the one you already found => using the single "Uninstall/Change" button option.

All the best,
Mihai
mguenth83

Hi,
but this is not really an solution for professional Repair over SCCM. So could you fix this Issue in your Software?

Thx
Matthias
mihai.petcu

All right Matthias, we will re-think the implementation and post the resolution on this thread.

Regards,
Mihai
Dan

Hello,

This feature has been added in version 14.4 of Advanced Installer released on October 26st, 2017.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
mguenth83

Great Work, i will test it soon

Return to “Common Problems”