Eusebiu

Re: Task Scheduler for Updates

Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:24 am

Hi,

We apologize for any inconveniences. The high load of support tickets requires us to equally split our time and answer all of our users (all commercial licenses include the same type of support, thus all customers are treated equally). In such situations reply times are usually in the 24h timeframe (we try to answer faster than the 48h limit mentioned in our EULA), except week-ends.

Regarding your problem, please make sure that the scheduled task is configured correctly (no username and password) in both the older and newer versions of your projects and also that the installed detection of the updates is set correctly in your "Update Configurations" project.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

markcvrs

Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:35 am

Hi Eusebiu,

Thank you for clarifying this, I appreciate that now I know. Well I have done exactly what you said and the job never runs the error I get form scheduler is to do with access denied. So basically the account doesn't have permissions to start the task? Because if i set the author of the task to myself it works as expected.

Eusebiu

Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:27 am

Hi,

Can you reproduce the problem on multiple clean machines? If so, can you please send me, to support at advancedinstaller dot com, a link to download your packages or some sample packages that reproduce the behavior, so I can test them and try to find the problem.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team

themuffinman

Tue May 18, 2021 6:33 pm

I'm also experiencing this issue. I set my package to per user only, no admin privileges and now it happens.

Catalin

Thu May 20, 2021 7:08 pm

Hello,

I have answered your other forum thread here:

Access denied creating updater scheduled task

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”