ameen.jinnah

Upgrade Process Skips Dialogs

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:31 am

Hi,

I have 2 instances of installation in a server AS TESTINSTALLER, TESTINSTALLER2. When I upgrade, TESTINSTALLER has no problem, all the dialogs are appearing (license agreement). But when I upgrade, TESTINSTALLER2, after the choose the instance and click Next button, it skips this dialog and go to Install dialog. What is the cause of this issue and how to rectify this problem.

I have attached the AIP file.
Thanks.
Attachments
Your Application.zip
(4.63KiB)Downloaded 392 times

ameen.jinnah

Re: Upgrade Process Skips Dialogs

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:25 am

Hi,

Kindly reply me at the earliest. All our installations are on hold because of this issue.
Thanks.

Daniel

Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:13 am

Hello,

I'm afraid this happens because we don't have support for multiple instances major upgrades when the "Generate instances at install time" option is used.

To use our major upgrades support for multiple instances you will have to uncheck the "Generate instances at install time" option. Also, the "Build major upgrades for multiple instances" option should be enabled and you will have to manually define the instances in your setup project (in "Multiple Instances" page) before build time.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

ameen.jinnah

Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:28 am

Hi Daniel,

This is not what we expect during the purchase. It's really shocking. Without specifying the instance name, is there any other solution?
We have already done 2 installations in the server. If now I'm going to specify the Instance Name, then the PRODUCT CODE will be different right. How to find the previous installation instances product code and change in "Multiple Instances" screen.
Please advise.
Thanks.

ameen.jinnah

Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi Daniel,

Kindly guide me on this. I'm able to install multiple instances in the server. But why I can't upgrade?

Also see my previous question and advise.
Thanks.

Daniel

Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:15 am

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no workaround you can use. You will have to manually uninstall the old version and then install the new version of your setup.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel

ameen.jinnah

Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:56 am

Hi Daniel,

Is there any video and tutorial for "Build major upgrades for multiple instances"? As the installer is going to be used for more than 50 customers, I want to know the correct way of building the installer.
Kindly help me on this.
Thanks.

Daniel

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:32 am

Hello,

Currently we don't have any video tutorial with this subject. I've added your request on our TODO list and hopefully it will be available in the future. We will notify you when this will be out.

Basically all you have to do is to define in your project -> "Multiple Instances" page as many instances as your setup package should support and then just check the "Build major upgrades for multiple instances" option.

All the best,
Daniel

mihai.petcu

Thu May 25, 2017 3:25 pm

Dear Ameen,

Please see the requested multiple instances video.

Regards,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”