BCh

SQL Express 2016 installs but said to fail.

Hi,

Have an install working OK with installing, as a prerequisite, SQL Express 2014. Now trying to get same install working for SQL Express 2016 SP1.

Only things I have changed are:
- added new prerequisite for SQL Express 2016
- removed previous prerequisite for SQL Express 2014
- changed Configuration file to remove features RS and SSMS

During install of prerequisite the SQL 2016 actually installs according to SQL (when I look at the sql installation log file) but advanced installer says that it fails - can't see why because cannot see installer log file at this moment.

If then try and re-install SQL Express 2016 it fails saying no features were installed.

Is there any way I can see why Advanced Installer is saying SQL Express 2016 has failed?

Also finding that install conditions where criteria = Registry key exists and Search String = HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\130\SQLServer2016\CurrentVersion is not working since if I try and re-install SQL Express 2016 trys to install again even though that registry key is there (I can see it using regedit). Suggestions?

Using Enterprise Version 13.7 build 75982 on Windows 10.

Thanks,

Brian
Dan

Re: SQL Express 2016 installs but said to fail.

Hi Brian,

Do you get the Required Application prerequisite was not correctly installed... message? If Yes, you receive this warning when the install conditions associated with prerequisites are not valid. In order for a prerequisite to successfully be reported as installed a valid install condition is needed that will not be met if the prerequisite is not installed and will be met if the prerequisite is installed.

In order to have a better view about this, can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation process to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it? If it contains confidential information you can send us a small test project which reproduce this behavior.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
theVman

Hi

I have found some issues installing "Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Express SP1" as a pre-install.

Is there an update or solution to this issue that can be supplied to this thread please? It may help me trouble shoot my issue.

V
Eusebiu

Hi,

Please see my response on the "Fatal Error when installing MS SQL Express as prerequisite" thread.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”