andre.stein

Windows Store Installer project & Command Line

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:10 am

Hi,

I am trying to build my Windows Store Installer project from command line and I am hitting this error:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Caphyon\Advanced Installer 13.7\bin\x86\AdvancedInstaller.com" /build StoreInstaller.aip 
Your 'appx' Advanced Installer project cannot be used to execute command 'build'. One of the following types of projects is required 'simple | java | professional | patch | msm | enterprise | update | win-ce | vsix | architect'.

Advanced Installer 13.7

Usage: ...
I have a professional installer project which can be built just fine using the same command line interface. Is there some kind of workaround to get a Store Installer to be built on command line? How is one supposed to do build automation if this isn't supported on the command line? That would be quite disappointing.

Thanks & Regards,
André

mihai.petcu

Re: Windows Store Installer project & Command Line

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:26 am

Dear André,

Welcome to Advanced Installer forums!

This is unfortunately true but be sure our team are continuously working to improve Windows Store support both for AppX for native Windows 10 apps and Desktop Bridge.
They will improve the command line support ASAP and I added your name to the improvement contact list so you can get a notification when it will be out.

Regards,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

andre.stein

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:39 am

Dear Mihai,

Thank you for your response and for keeping me informed on news in that area!

Best regards,
André

mihai.petcu

Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:15 pm

Dear André,

This command line support was included in the latest release. Please upgrade Advanced Installer and try again.

Regards,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”