BCh

Build Failing due files larger than 1.9GB

Hi,

Have just upgraded to Version 13.8.1 from Version 13.7 - using Enterprise edition.

Am now getting error "Current build contains files that are larger than 1.9GB and it cannot be created. Only builds that use LZMA, "Files unpacked" or create multiple CAB's support big files" and build files.
This occurs during one of the final steps of the build - Creating EXE file.

If I go back to Version 13.7 build works OK.

I have selected Archive installations files using LZMA (Method: LZMA - Level: Normal as well as LZMA2..) in package Definition / Builds / Configuration / Archive.

Any suggestions?

Brian
Daniel

Re: Build Failing due files larger than 1.9GB

Hello Brian,

In order to deliver a file larger than 2GB with your setup you can use our "Place files unpacked in folders next to the MSI database"(Your file will be placed near the setup), "Multiple volumes" from "Archieve installation files into CAB files" sub menu or the "Archive installation files using LZMA compression"(Your file and the setup will be compressed and placed under a .EXE bootstrapper) options found under "Builds" page.

You can find more information about these options in our "Configuration Tab" article.

Can you confirm that you receive that "Build Error" message when you have the "Achieve installation files using LZMA compression" option checked? If yes, can you please send us your AIP file to support@advancedinstaller.com for more investigations?

Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Dan

Hello,

This issue has been fixed in the 14.2.1 version of Advanced Installer released on August 18th, 2017.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
BCh

Thanks.

Can confirm that no problem in Version 14.3.
Daniel

Hello Brian,

Yes, I can confirm you that this issue doesn't replicate in AI 14.3 version.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
JGwinner

I'm running into the same issue.

Seems to be a conflict between "Web installer" (downloadable small EXE) and it's mandatory settings.

This was a critical feature for us, and the entire reason we looked at Advanced Installer. We have a large program to download, and wanted a small program that would first download all of the rest of the stuff.

Is this not possible?

In experimenting, it seems like "Web Installer" requires either "One Cab" or "Archive Installation Files using LZMA compression".

== John ==
Catalin

Hello John,

I apologize for the delayed reply here - we had some days off thanks to a national holiday.

Please give me some more time so I can run some tests here and I will followup on this thread as soon as I will have more information.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Catalin

Hello John,

After further testing, it looks like you are indeed right.

However, the LZMA should be the perfect solution in your case (large files).

There are quite some advantages using LZMA, mostly UX related. For instance, the progress is displayed during the InstallSequence, instead of the "Downloading file..." from the start.

Is there a reason why you wouldn't use this?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”