swazxs

uninstall failed systemWOW64

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:24 am

i use Advanced installer version 13.8.1,create a project of x86 and x64 ,i add four file to "Resources"-->"Files and Folders"-->"Target Computer"-->"Windows Volume"-->"Windows"-->"system" and "system 64",two of system folders,two of system64 folders;and i change "Package Defintion"-->"Install Parameters"-->"Installation Options"-->"Mixed 32/64 matching the platform",and do some set;and build the project ,run the output exe programe at my computer(running system win7x64),it does well(two files at system32,two files at systemWOW64),but i uninstall the programe, two file at systemWOW64 Folders arent remove,i dont know why? sorry my bad english

mihai.petcu

Re: uninstall failed systemWOW64

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:57 pm

Hello and welcome to our forum!

This kind of behavior is encountered if the files left after uninstall are edited after the install, for example by your application. In this case you need add two file removal operation. To do this, you need to go to your project - "File and Folders" page, select System 64 folder. Right click inside the folder and select "New file operation - File removal. In the name field enter the name of the file you want to remove and select Remove On : Component Uninstall.
Repeat this step for the second file.

Another situation when this behavior is encountered is described in the Why files are left behind after package uninstall? FAQ.

Hope this helps! If these are not the cases, please send us the .AIP (project) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them.

Regards,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

swazxs

Re: uninstall failed systemWOW64

Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:42 am

thanks very much :D ,you are awesome

Return to “Common Problems”