GR8R8M8

Server-side Validation Issue

Hi, I have set up server-side validation for my product, and yet server-side validation doesn't work. When I put in my test username + serial, all I get is "Could not verify serial number". Initially, I was getting nothing, but once I removed the "http://" in the project, I was getting an actual dialog box. I have attached a zip file of the verbose log, the SQL database creation script, and the actual PHP page.

Thanks!
Attachments
Serverside Validation.zip
(12.43 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
GR8R8M8

Re: Server-side Validation Issue

More testing has been done, by setting it to https:// and changing my web host, I am now getting a "Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /storage/ssd1/284/1800284/public_html/confirm.php:46" dialog box. If anyone has any ideas, that would be fantastic, as support@advancedinstaller.com has not responded in >24 hours, and this is fairly urgent.
Eusebiu

Hi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums.
I am now getting a "Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /storage/ssd1/284/1800284/public_html/confirm.php:46" dialog box.
This problem may appear if the PHP Module for MySql is not installed on your server. Can you run that script outside Advanced Installer.
If anyone has any ideas, that would be fantastic, as support@advancedinstaller.com has not responded in >24 hours, and this is fairly urgent.
Indeed, our reply time is usually in the 24h timeframe (we try to answer faster than the 48h limit mentioned in our EULA), except for the week-ends.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
GR8R8M8

Thanks so much! I was finally able to get the validation working, now how would you go about setting up limited uses? From reading the documentation, I have gotten that you need to put "'license_no' varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL," into the database, but what do you put in the PHP file?
Eusebiu

You're welcome.

In the "How do I configure server-side serial number validation" article, there is also a ZIP archive that contains sample PHP script for registration limit. In this case, a database index is increased each time a serial number is used for registration, but the registration is blocked if that limit exceeded.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
GR8R8M8

Thanks again, I have spent the past bit fiddling with the updater, but every time I try to use the updater, I get an error that says that the file size specified in the updates file does not match the msi. This is probably another case of me not reading/watching documentation correctly, but I have used the same msi for the installation .txt creation and for the download link.
Eusebiu

Hi,

I'm not sure why you encounter that error. Are you sure that you created your updates configuration file as described in the "Creating a New Updates File" tutorial? If so, can you please send me the .AIP (project file) related to the new version of the product and the "updater.txt" file to support at advancedinstaller dot com, so I can investigate them?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Solarcalcs

GR8R8M8 wrote:Thanks so much! I was finally able to get the validation working, now how would you go about setting up limited uses? From reading the documentation, I have gotten that you need to put "'license_no' varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL," into the database, but what do you put in the PHP file?
Hi GR8R8M8

I'm having the same issues, Do you mind sharing how you got it to work?
Eusebiu

Hi,

Can you please give me more details about the problem that you encounter (maybe a screenshot with the error)? Did you study the "How do I configure server-side serial number validation" article that also contain some sample scripts?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Phavaphu

Eusebiu wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:06 pm Hi,

Can you please give me more details about the problem that you encounter (maybe a screenshot with the error)? Did you study the "How do I configure server-side serial number validation" article that also contain some sample scripts?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Hi Eusebiu
I have an error like the picture, can you help me?
I thank you.

Eusebiu

Hi and welcome to our forums.

This most likely happens if that serial number does not exist in your database. Can you make sure about this?

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Common Problems”