ICIC

You must include at least one Application in an UwpAppx build" error during the UwpAppX build

According to the help, the message You must include at least one Application in an UwpAppx build" error during the UwpAppX build using the Desktop Bridge Setup Converter can be solved either with:

- Add your application(s) manually to the Application Details page
or
- Create the shortcut(s) for your application(s); they will be added automatically to your UwpAppX build

In Advanced Installer, from where the MSI I point to in the Converter is created, I did create a shortcut (after realizing that has to be done manually). Of course the MSI contains the application exe (I can install it and run it from a shortcut in Classic Shell menu for example). Not sure how to "add my application manually in the Application Details Page". I assume the "Product Details" page is meant? Well, in Product Version I pointed to the exe (as it says there 1.0.1.0 (retrieved from file: "APPDIR\xxxx.exe").

So why does this error still occur?

Another thing I did not (yet) see: can I change my PackageName? I could change the CN publisher name so maybe this step will follow when I solved the above issue, but if these do not match the current appx the submission will fail I know from experience.
Bogdan

Re: You must include at least one Application in an UwpAppx build" error during the UwpAppX build

Hi and welcome to our forums,

From you question it is not clear to me if you are using Advanced Installer to build the AppX or our Desktop Bridge Setup Converter. Since you mentioned Product Details page I assume you are using Advanced Installer.

Now, in your Advanced Installer project, in the left menu you should also see a group called "Universal Windows", under that group you will find the "Application Details" page, as show in my screenshot.

From the same group, in Package Information page, you can change the package name, CN, etc...

Note. This group is visible only when you have an UWP AppX build in your project.

Regards,
Bogdan
Attachments
app-details.png
app-details.png (39.28 KiB) Viewed 23288 times
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
ICIC

Re: You must include at least one Application in an UwpAppx build" error during the UwpAppX build

Hello Bogdan,

I use the free version of Advanced Installer (only installed to create a MSI to enable creating a appx). This does not have the UWP section. Then I used the Desktop Bridge Setup Converter, as recommended by Microsoft as an easier alternative - and one using a GUI.

In the meantime I finally succeeded to create my .appx with the Desktop App Converter app from Microsoft. For that I had to check the error messages and find the corresponding parameter in it's PS call. After some trial and error it worked.

But for future reference I am still curious why the Desktop Bridge Setup Converter doesn't work.

Dick
Bogdan

Hi,

Sure, we're curious too. Can you share with us the MSI you tried to convert with our converter? So we can see why it did not detected your shortcut correctly.

Regards.
Bogdan
ICIC

Hello Bogdan,

Yes sure I can send you the MSI but not on a public forum. Can I use the support mail address of Advanced Installer and refer to this posting?

Dick
Bogdan

Yes, our support email is perfect.

Regards,
Bogdan

Return to “Common Problems”