redzion

Windows Marketplace publishing error (.APPX submission)

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:25 am

We have problem on final stage on Windows Marketplace on publishing our product Simple Shop (https://www.simple-shop.si/en/). Regarding our problem Microsoft is working on permission to give us option that we publish our software which builder is made from Advanced Installer Desktop Bridge. This permission will be set by Microsoft, but they want that we fix the other 2 problems, which are problems on Advanced Installer side before they enable Desktop Bridge permission on our account.

Our installer package on .EXE:
SShop.exe
https://www.simple-shop.si/prenos/SShop.exe

Our installer package on .APPX:
SShop.appx
https://www.simple-shop.si/prenos/SShop.appx

Advanced Installer problems:
1:
Package acceptance validation error: Apps are not allowed to have a Version with a revision number other than zero specified in the app manifest. The package SShop.appx specifies 4.5.3.784.

2:
Package acceptance validation error: You don't have permissions to specify the following namespaces in the appx manifest file of the package SShop.appx: http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/manif ... pabilities

Microsoft permission problem which will be resolved after point 1 and 2 will be resolved:
3:
Package acceptance validation error: Your developer account doesn’t have permission to submit apps converted with the Desktop Bridge at this time. https://aka.ms/desktopbridgeforwindowsstore

.AIP project:
We send our .AIP project to your e-mail with the link to this post.

Resolving problem:
Please advise that we are waiting to resolve this problem more than 6 months and problem from your side still persist. In case of any additional question please send us back e-mail or post here (probably best if someone has the same problems).

THANK YOU!
Attachments
ai.png
On screenshot you can easily see what is problem on Advanced Installer and what is Microsoft permission problem.
ai.png (23.58KiB)Viewed 37155 times

redzion

Re: Windows Marketplace publishing error (.APPX submission)

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:30 am

4.5.3.784 is main software version, so current is 4.5.3.787 and if we upload new .appx file to Windows Marketplace then there would be error 4.5.3.787.

redzion

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:58 am

UWP installation goes fine.
Attachments
uwp3.png
uwp3.png (28.56KiB)Viewed 37144 times
uwp2.png
uwp2.png (30.03KiB)Viewed 37144 times
uwp1.png
uwp1.png (28.07KiB)Viewed 37144 times

redzion

Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:00 pm

But the same story at the end. We are waiting for more than 6 month to be resolved. How to set which file from the installed project will be run on click of button "Run" or in our case "Zaženi"???

Until now no exactly answer were told.
Attachments
uwp4-2.png
We want to run file "SShop.exe".
uwp4-2.png (102.43KiB)Viewed 37144 times
uwp4-1.png
Where and who told the project to run "update.exe"?
uwp4-1.png (101.82KiB)Viewed 37144 times

Bogdan

Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:09 pm

Hi,

Problem #1: The version you set in Package Information page, in your project, sets the forth field (i.e. revision) to value 787. It appears the Win Store does not allow setting this fourth version field.
The solution is to edit your project and set your version to this value: 4.5.3

Problem #2: This namespace is related to the capability "Full Trust" from Capabilities page, in your project. Are you saying Microsoft want you to disable this option from your project?
If so, you can do this from Capabilities page.

Regarding the application getting launched when your press "Run". The list of applications contained by your package is available in Application Details page, in your project. The first application from the list is the one getting launched when your press "Run", as you can see the first in your project is "Check for updates". To change the order you need to delete and re-add the applications in the list, in the desired order.

The default list of applications is generated by Advanced Installer from the shortcuts it finds in your MSI build.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

redzion

Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:41 pm

Problem #1: The version you set in Package Information page, in your project, sets the forth field (i.e. revision) to value 787. It appears the Win Store does not allow setting this fourth version field.
The solution is to edit your project and set your version to this value: 4.5.3

Isn't better solution just that you make option that generated .XML is set to 4.5.3 and to ignore last digits. We can not change project in Visual Studio to 0 or to do the same in Advanced Installer, because this is legitimit version of software which can break future updates if set to 0. Because if I understand correctly this is just settings in .XML and not in runnable .exe..
Probably would be much easier that you set some option so that Advanced Installer set this on .XML to 0 if you want as in our case.

Problem #2: This namespace is related to the capability "Full Trust" from Capabilities page, in your project. Are you saying Microsoft want you to disable this option from your project?
If so, you can do this from Capabilities page.

Can you edit this in file which we sent you by e-mail, because I searched for this and I didn't found solution - probably just lack of knowledge - but anyway if you can do this for us..

Run option:
We will try this today and report you back.

redzion

Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Problem #1:
So if I understand correctly I can just edit software version as seen in attachment "software_version.png" to 4.5.3 and problem should be gone?

Problem with software order:
Why can you make that we can just change order of shortcuts, it would be much simplier as to delete and make it again in correct order.
Attachments
order.png
Software order shortcuts...
order.png (26.73KiB)Viewed 37136 times
software_version.png
Is this menu correct?
software_version.png (25.23KiB)Viewed 37136 times

redzion

Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:30 pm

Problem with software order:
If we delete shortcuts and re-add again Advanced Installer order it again by the default order, and that is by alphabetic order.
So the only solution is to fix Advanced Installer to make custom order.
Attachments
application_order_AUTO.png
Check for updates again on top???
application_order_AUTO.png (25.56KiB)Viewed 37136 times

Bogdan

Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:36 pm

So if I understand correctly I can just edit software version as seen in attachment "software_version.png" to 4.5.3 and problem should be gone?
Yes, that is correct.

Regarding the order problem. We will address this issue ASAP, thanks for the feedback.

Problem #2: I attached screenshot with the option.

Regards,
Bogdan
Attachments
capabilities.png
capabilities.png (46.31KiB)Viewed 37134 times

redzion

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:36 pm

I can confirm that "Problem #1:" is now resolved.

Bogdan

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:32 am

Great, thanks for confirming.

The other two problems will disappear the moment your app/account is evaluated and accepted by the Microsoft team for upload in the store. Here is a similar situation on the the MSDN forums.

Regards,
Bogdan

redzion

Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:17 pm

Hi,

I'm still in process to be validated for the UWP appx.

This is ongoing for more than 1-2 years and I'm starting to think that Advanced Installer is not suitable for this kind of operation.

Please report me how we will solve this... Can I send you my project (*.aip) file so that you can solve problems which you can see in attachment "uwp_error.png". I can not find where to fix this in Advanced Installer GUI..

Thank you for support.
Attachments
uwp_error.png
UWP errors to be fixed...
uwp_error.png (31.04KiB)Viewed 35252 times
uwp2.png
UWP validating process...
uwp2.png (5.05KiB)Viewed 35252 times
uwp.png
UWP status (Control Panel).
uwp.png (73.79KiB)Viewed 35252 times

Daniel

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:11 pm

Hello,

Here are my replies inline below.
You must provide a package that supports each selected device family (or uncheck the box for unsupported device families). Note that targeting the Xbox device family requires a neutral or x64 package.
When you target the Xbox devices you should make sure your MSIX/APPX package uses the neutral or x64 architectures type. To do so, just open your setup project in Advanced Installer, go to "Builds" page, select your MSIX/APPX build, and in right pane under "Configuration" tab check either the "neutral" or the "x64" architecture option.
You must upload at least one package. If you are using market groups, then each market group must have at least one package.
This could happen if your package was not successfully or completely uploaded into your Windows Developer account. Can you try again and see if the error still persists? If you did so, then please contact the Microsoft support to assist with this error. I am afraid I have no other clue why this could happen.
You must fix all package validation errors before submitting.
This error should be gone when fixing the below issues.
Invalid package identity name: SimpleShop (expected: B09FDA88.InvoicesoftwareSimpleShop)
The package identity name is composed of the publisher/company name and the app name. As our default show, it must be (Microsoft requires) something like this:

YourCompanyName.YourAppName

Within Advanced Installer, you can set your MSIX/APPX package identity name from "Package Information" page -> "Package" -> "ID" field.

Your company name is automatically detected by Microsoft from your Windows Developer account. If you set that wrong (i.e. B09FDA88) you should contact Microsoft and ask for help to change it. All the apps you will publish in the store must have the package identity starting with this name.
Invalid package family name: SimpleShop_ryjw1287ma9ta (expected: B09FDA88.InvoicesoftwareSimpleShop_z705jfj4v8brt)
The package family name is generated by the OS (not Advanced Installer) starting from the package identity name, it basically appends a hash at the end of the name, which is generated from the package & publisher identify information.

You cannot directly set this name. As long as you set the above package identity name correct (as Microsoft requires) and the CN below also, the package family name will be ok too.
Invalid package publisher name: CN=..., C=SI (expected: CN=86A59EED-FE37-4EFC-8BA4-1C3E9EFE5F23)
When you publish an app in the store you no longer need to sign it with your certificate, the store will sign it with a Microsoft certificate. Digital signing is required only when you test the app on your local machine or if you plan to distribute it outside the Windows Store.

When you publish the app in the store you need to disable digital signing in Advanced Installer and only set the publisher ID in the setup project to the value given by Microsoft into your developer account, i.e CN=86A59EED-FE37-4EFC-8BA4-1C3E9EFE5F23

To do so, you can open your setup project in Advanced Installer, go to "Digital Signatures" page, uncheck "Enable Signing" option and then go to "Package Information" page, and set the "Publisher -> ID" field to the value given by Microsoft into your developer account ( i.e CN=86A59EED-FE37-4EFC-8BA4-1C3E9EFE5F23).
This package’s manifest (Package/Properties/DisplayName) uses a display name that you have not reserved: Simple Shop
As the error says, you must login into your Windows Developer account and reserve your application name. Have a look on Microsoft's "Create your app by reserving a name" article.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”