Russell

Unable to upgrade to Advanced Installer 14.2.1

I have been using Advanced Installer with no Issues. I have just tried to upgrade version 14.2.1 and I get the following error :

A portion of the folder path '' is invalid. It is either empty or exceeds the length allowed by the system.
I get the same error when I try to uninstall the current version.
AI Error.JPG
AI Error.JPG (99 KiB) Viewed 2695 times
Thanks
Russell.
Russell

Re: Unable to upgrade to Advanced Installer 14.2.1

In case anyone else has this problem, I finally managed to uninstall the old version by downloading the utility from this site. Then I downloaded and installed version 14.2.1 and it seems fine.
Sorin

Hello,

I'm glad that you've sorted things out. In order to further investigate this issue, could you tell us what version of Advanced Installer were you using before the upgrade?

Another possible solution for this problem could be the recaching of the MSI. To do this, first you have download the msi setup of the Advanced Installer version that cannot be uninstalled. Just go to your Customer Information, scroll to the bottom of the page and select the version of Advanced Installer that could not be uninstalled. The download will start automatically.

Then, use the following command line :

Code: Select all

msiexec /fv <msi_path>
Where <msi_path> represents the path of the downloaded Advanced Installer setup.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Russell

I was on release 14.1.1 trying to upgrade to 14.2.1 using the program auto upgrade process (in Help -> About .. check for upgrades)

One thing that might be relevant is that when I was first trying to upgrade to 14.2.1 I accidentally said no at the screen where you are presented with the certificate information and asked if you want to allow the install. When I ran Advanced Installer again and tried to upgrade, I got the error.
Sorin

Hello,

Thank you for your follow-up!

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”