Borgas

Multiple instance creates corrupt modify view

I have just added multiple instance possibility to my project and after that i recive strange problem.

The first installed instance i can modify with out any issus. All outer instances i get an corrupt view when i try to modify them.
pic.png
pic.png (15.48 KiB) Viewed 4193 times
pic2.png
pic2.png (20.98 KiB) Viewed 4193 times
What is wrong?
Attachments
setup.aip
(659.49 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
Sorin

Re: Multiple instance creates corrupt modify view

Hello,

This behavior is triggered by a limitation in our multiple instances support. Unfortunately this feature wasn't designed to be compatible with Enhanced UI on always.

When Enhanced UI on always is enabled for a multiple instances setup, it will only work on maintenance for the main instance. The other instances maintenance mode will have EUI disabled.

Best regards,
Sorins
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Borgas

This seems to me as an bug.

Is there any work around?
My customers i complaining about this. What should i do?
Sorin

Hello,

Unfortunately the only workaround would be to not use the "Multiple Instances" and Ehnaced User Interface features together. In order to overcome this issue you have to use the Classic theme if you need to enable "Multiple Instances" support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Borgas

there is more problem then visual!

when uppgrading an instance that is not the first one. Then the versions do not change i "In add remove programs". And it is not possible to uninstall them ither.
So this in not just an visual thing. It is also an functionality.

I have zipped all the printscreens that describes this. Look at file image10.zip

The thing that i am worried about is the last time a Changed the themes all my modifications, customactions stop working or disapeard. Is there an posibilty to just change setup themes?
Daniel

Hello Boris,
when uppgrading an instance that is not the first one. Then the versions do not change i "In add remove programs". And it is not possible to uninstall them ither.
So this in not just an visual thing. It is also an functionality.

I have zipped all the printscreens that describes this. Look at file image10.zip
I'm not sure why, but it seems there are no attachments to your last reply. Can you please send the old version and the new version of your AIP (project file) which replicates this issue to support at advancedinstaller dot com? And also a test case we can follow to replicate the issue?
The thing that i am worried about is the last time a Changed the themes all my modifications, customactions stop working or disapeard. Is there an posibilty to just change setup themes?
Unfortunately this is true. Due to our Themes design, each theme has different UI controls and functionality, they are incompatible and their dialogs cannot be converted when changing the theme. So, you should recreate all the customization you added for the current theme. Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Borgas

Now I have Changed to basic theams. Now the first instance is not working well inseed the second one is work prefektly

Return to “Common Problems”