raghu.00a@gmail.com

Cleanup the Files when Installer is Uninstalled

Hi,

I have an installer with version 1 and another second installer with version 2.
The second installer(version 2) is latest and it does not have a few files of first installer because we removed the files which are not needed.

The installer with version 1 when installed, creates all files in the target folder successfully.
now we are able to upgrade the first installer(version 1) with installer (version 2) successfully.

To clean up the files, We set the installer cleanup wizard for the application folder in aip project.

The problem:
Now when I uninstall the installer i.e latest installer( version 2), it removes all the files which are created or replaced by it but it is unable to
remove files which are created by the first installer( version 1) because the files are getting created as part of the first installer

Can't adv installer remove the files which are created by previous versions when the latest installer (which is overridden on previous installer) is "uninstalled"?

Please help me how to solve this ?

Thanks
Raghu
Sorin

Re: Cleanup the Files when Installer is Uninstalled

Hello,

I'm sorry for my delayed response.
Can't adv installer remove the files which are created by previous versions when the latest installer (which is overridden on previous installer) is "uninstalled"?
This behavior could be obtained by implementing a major upgrade for the old package. Please take a look on this article : Windows Installer Upgrades.

In order to create an upgrade project just go to "Product Details" and increment the "Product Version". When navigating to another page, you will be prompted to select if you want to generate a new product code. For major upgrades you should click "Generate new".

You could also take a look on this article:How to upgrade an older version of the package

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”